Click on Pictures to View

To view a larger version of an image within a post, just click on the picture you want to view :)

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Tech-History of the Blogger

This blog was recommended by my professor to document my interest and progress through the field of my chosen career.  I have decided to entertain this idea, and will therefore be writing about my experiences in the world of IT from my work, school, and independent study.

A quick background about myself:

I was thrown into the realm of computers in spring of 2012 when my father got me a job with his company because "good help is hard to find."  I thrived in this position, learning as much as I could.  I recall on my first day that I inventoried the server room and packages that had arrived, recording their PO#s and serial numbers.  I learned what a VGA and DVI was, and how to downgrade a machine with a corporate image through ghosting.  I worked in this position until December of 2013, when I made the full transition to Brown Traffic Inc., which bought out part of the building and company where I was working.  I worked as the IT Resource for Brown from November 2013 until September 2014, and continued learning as much as possible while on the job.  I became extremely familiar with troubleshooting domain and network connectivity issues, working with a remote support team, installing WYSE terminals and using Citrix XenApp 6.5.
June 2nd I began a contract project for Pedernales Electric Coop, participating as a part of their Windows 7 Migration Team, upgrading hundreds of desktops and laptops via SCCM.  July 9th I was promoted to lead tech of my three-person team.  I have learned an incredible amount from this particular position, including solidifying skills of basic data backup and restore, using SCCM 2012 Console, learned a new ticketing system, and played a role in the overall creation, documentation, and finalization of the final process/routine that the team follows for all upgrades.

Now, with history out of the way, I can now write about the here and now.  I will keep this post short and sweet, considering the length of it already (I'd like to keep these as succinct as possible), and end it here.

Just for my own records, I'll write now that I've created a potential five year plan for advancing within this field, which I have already started on.  I am a student at ACC with the chosen major of Network Adminitration, and I am studying for my CompTIA exams for certification.  It is my goal to successfully complete my A+ and Network+ exams this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give my post a +1 or let me know if you found any of my blog content helpful!