Click on Pictures to View

To view a larger version of an image within a post, just click on the picture you want to view :)

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Delete Specific Auto-Suggested URLs in Chrome

For whatever reason, it started happening that whenever I wanted to navigate to cisco.com in Chrome, it would auto-suggest and auto-populate a sub-address that went to a Cisco QoS PDF page.

Super annoying.

I was able to delete that specific auto-suggestion by doing this:

1)  I typed in cisco.com but didn't press enter - I just let the auto-suggestion populate in the bar.

2)  Then, I arrowed down (and or back up if needed) to highlight select the URL it kept defaulting to.

3)  Finally, I pressed Shift + Delete keys at the same time to delete the populated auto-suggested URL.


Last I tested by trying to navigate to cisco.com, and was able to go directly to the Cisco home page.

The process should be the same for FireFox, according to the source article below.





Sources:

How to erase specific autosuggested urls from Chrome, FireFox, and IE -
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2098431/browsers/how-to-erase-specific-autosuggested-urls-from-chrome-firefox-and-ie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give my post a +1 or let me know if you found any of my blog content helpful!