Click on Pictures to View

To view a larger version of an image within a post, just click on the picture you want to view :)

Friday, June 3, 2016

Search Chrome History By Date

In making an earlier post I could not find the source link I had used for one of my fixes.  I had narrowed down to the date it would've been, but scrolling back to that date was a pain using Chrome's History, and Chrome only keeps the last 3 months worth of history anyway.

I discovered and tried the Chrome Extension History Trends Unlimited so that I could not only save my history for longer than 3 months locally in a database, but also search it by date.

Here's the description of the extension:

History Trends Unlimited regularly syncs your history to a local database to work around the (approximate) 3-month time limit imposed by Chrome.  Your history is saved locally; it's never shared or sent over the network.

Features:
* Interactive charts and stats. Click any of the bar/line/pie charts to filter by a value.
* Search your history by keyword. Or browse it chronologically.
* Access the raw data to perform your own analysis. Use the "Export Raw Data" button on the Trends page.
* Transfer your history to a new computer. See instructions on the Options page.

NOTES:
* Uninstalling this extension will delete all of the history it has saved. To create a backup of your history, use the "Export History" button on the Options page.
* This extension stores your history separate from Chrome's history, which means 1) clearing Chrome's history will not delete your history in this extension, and 2) this extension will not preserve the color of links you have already visited.


It has a search feature, and search tips for searching by date.  To search by date use format date:YYYY-MM-DD (four digit year - two digit month - two digit day).  Ex, date:2016-12-25

I found this helpful for narrowing down my history to the day I wanted.  If you do need to scroll back through the days though, it is generally much faster/easier than in Chrome's History.



SOURCES:

http://superuser.com/questions/739001/how-do-i-view-a-specific-date-in-my-google-chrome-history

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/history%20trends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give my post a +1 or let me know if you found any of my blog content helpful!